This week, we want to see your best Wimbledon themed cupcakes – and we’ve going to award two winners £20 Lakeland vouchers each.
* Please note, this competition has now closed. To find out about our current competitions, and to enter, click here >
We’ve got spot prizes to give away too so why not get involved?
We want you to take the humble cupcake and make something special – we want to see cupcakes decorated like tennis balls, rackets – you could even add the faces of your favourite tennis stars. If you love strawberries and cream you could try making some cupcakes covered in the classic Wimbledon treat.
We’re feeling hungry just thinking about the lovely cupcakes you’re going to bake!
We’re giving you until midnight on Sunday to enter, so you’ve got time to head to your local supermarket and pick up all the ingredients you like. Remember, your cupcakes must be Wimbledon themed to qualify.
Here’s a basic vanilla cupcake recipe, you’ll need to add your own topping.
10g/4oz margarine or butter, softened at room temperature
110g/4oz caster sugar
2 free-range medium eggs, lightly beaten
110g/4oz self-raising flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
1-2 tbsp milk
1. Preheat your oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4 and add paper cases to your muffin tin.
2. Mix the butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl until pale.
3. Beat in the eggs gradually and stir in the vanilla extract.
4. Fold in the flour and add the milk.
5. Spoon the mixture into your paper cases, be careful that you don’t fill them more than half way as they will rise in the oven.
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes and allow to cool before decorating.
We’ll be announcing a new cake next Monday, so keep your eyes peeled!
In the meantime, have a look at our cake off competition here.
Click here to view the Ts&Cs.
Image credit: The Pancake Princess
Disclaimer: All information and links are correct at the time of publishing.BACK TO BLOG HOME