Last week, we asked you to bake a Victoria sponge cake, did you give it a go?
* Please note, this competition has now closed. To find out about our current competitions, and to enter, click here >
If not, don’t worry, today we’ve got another chance for you to win.
Each week for the next couple of months we’ll be asking you to bake a cake of our choice to be in with the chance of winning £20 worth of Lakeland vouchers – we’ve two lots to give away every week!
So, what is the cake challenge this time we hear you all ask? Well, it’s an Ocean favourite – a delicious chocolate cake! And, just like every week, if you’d like to put a special spin on your cake, we’re celebrating the FA Cup final on Saturday, so why not give your cake a sports theme?
Whether you decorate it in your favourite team’s colours or make it look like a football – we can’t wait to see it!
As always, we want to see it whether it’s a wonder or a blunder, both will be in with a chance of winning!
Once you’ve cooked up your creation simply upload it to our Facebook or Twitter page, with the hashtag #cakewonder or #cakeblunder, depending on the outcome, and we’ll announce the winners next week.
Here’s the recipe.
• 150g self-raising flour
• 175g caster sugar
• 175g margarine or softened butter
• 50g cocoa powder
• 3 large eggs
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• Pinch of salt
For the icing:
• 100g dark chocolate
• 100g chopped butter
1. Set your oven to 180°C (gas mark 4) and line a baking tin with greaseproof paper, and then grease with butter or margarine.
2. Pop all the ingredients into a large bowl and beat with a mixer (or wooden spoon) until just combined.
3. Pour the mixture into the tins and bake in the oven till cooked (around 45 – 50 minutes). You can insert a skewer into the middle of the cake and if it comes out clean, it’s done.
4. For the icing, place the chocolate and chopped butter into a heatproof bowl and sit it over a pan of hot water until melted. Let it cool for 15 minutes and then you can spread it over the cake.
We’ll be announcing a new cake next Monday, so keep your eyes peeled!
In the meantime, have a look at our cake off competition here.
Click here to see the Ts&Cs.
Disclaimer: All information and links are correct at the time of publishing.