Your comments help us improve our websiteSend your feedback
Creative Easter competition T&C’s 2016
Below we have the terms and conditions for our creative Easter competition.
Acceptance of these terms and conditions is a condition of entry and the entry instructions form part of these terms and conditions. By entering into the competition, you (and your parent or legal guardian) agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to exclude the entrant from the competition if they do not comply with these terms and conditions.
To enter, entrants must be a resident in the UK and be aged 12 years or younger. Entrants will require the consent of a parent or legal guardian before entering. Proof of age may be required. Employees of the Promoter (or its associated companies) that are a parent or legal guardian of any entrant cannot enter the competition.
1. To enter the competition, which runs from 09:00am on Thursday 17th March 2016 to 23:59pm on Tuesday 22nd March 2016, entrants must: (i) upload a picture of their Easter themed craft creation to the Promoter via Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/OceanUK) or Twitter (https://twitter.com/Ocean_Finance); and (ii) specify in the post, the name and age of the child who completed the Easter craft creation. Easter themed craft creations may be created using whatever method the entrant prefers including, but not limited to, hand drawings, baking, paintings and/or handmade creations.
2. All correctly submitted entries will be segregated into three (3) age categories: (i) entrants aged five (5) years old and under; (ii) entrants aged between six (6) years old and eight (8) years old; and (iii) entrants aged between nine (9) years old and twelve (12) years old. The Promoter will categorise all submitted entries to into the three (3) age categories listed above.
3. Internet or Wi-Fi access required. No purchase necessary.
4. The Promoter has the right to refuse any competition entry from any entrant if their submitted entry contains material which is offensive (including the use of foul language) or defamatory, contains nudity or incites and/or promotes violence or hatred or which discriminates, threatens or infringes the rights of third parties, or which the Promoter deems in its sole discretion is otherwise unacceptable. Entrants and their parents or legal guardians may not use the competition for the expression of political or religious views.5
5. There will be three (3) prize winners in total with one (1) prize winner being selected from each of the three (3) age categories. Each winner will each receive a Cadbury Easter Egg Hamper (RRP £50.00) (http://www.cadburygiftsdirect.co.uk/products/1053-celebration-easter-basket.aspx).
6. One entry per person. If more than one entry is received only the first entry will be accepted. Any entry made using false or dishonest information will be disqualified.
7. The Promoter will not be liable for entries that are not received, delayed or which are corrupted for any reason.
8. The Promoter’s independent judging panel will select the winners from all correctly completed and submitted entries on or around Wednesday 23rd March 2016. The Promoter will notify the prize winners or the winners’ parents or legal guardians by social post or email on or around Wednesday 23rd March 2016. On such contact, the winners or the winners’ parents or legal guardians will be required to provide their name and postal address. If a prize winner or a prize winners parent or legal guardian cannot be contacted, fails to confirm acceptance of the prize within seven (7) days of being notified, or cannot make use of the prize for any reason, that prize winner will forfeit their prize and the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner.
9. The Promoter's decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute any of the prizes with a prize of equal or greater value in the event that the prizes described above cannot be provided to the winners. The prizes are non-transferable and no cash alternative will be given.
11. The Promoter will liaise with the winners regarding delivery of their prizes. The Promoter will pay for delivery of the prizes to the winners although the Promoter will not be liable for the acts or omissions of any postal service or courier or for any failure of delivery.
12. Details of the winners' names and locations will be available between Wednesday 23rd March 2016 and Wednesday 6th April 2016 by sending an e-mail to: email@example.com.
13. By entering the competition, you agree that as a prize winner (and parents and legal guardians of prize winners agree) to allow the Promoter to use the entrants’ name, photograph, video, voice recording and general location for publicity, news and promotional purposes in any and all media during this and any future promotions or advertising without charge.
14. By entering into the competition, you acknowledge (and parents and legal guardians of prize winners acknowledge) that any intellectual property rights (including, without limitation, copyright in text, film and sound recording) which arise in relation to the entrants’ involvement with the competition and/or prizes shall vest absolutely with the Promoter and hereby agree to immediately assign to the Promoter any such rights which become vested in the entrant.
15. The prize winners use their prize at their own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter shall not be liable for any claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership and/or use of any prize.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to change, alter or withdraw the competition at any time.
17. The Promoter will use the information which you provide or which we obtain from our dealings with you, to administer the competition
18. If any of these terms and conditions are found to be void or unenforceable, that term shall be deemed to be deleted and the remaining terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
19. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising is subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: Ocean Finance, a trading style of Intelligent Lending Limited, Think Park, Mosley Road, Trafford Park, Manchester, M17 1FQ.