Ocean Heaven or Hell Blogger Competition – Terms & Conditions
- 1. Acceptance of these terms and conditions is a condition of entry and the entry
instructions form part of these terms and conditions. By entering into the competition,
you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right,
at its sole discretion, to exclude you from the competition if you do not comply
with these terms and conditions.
- 2. To enter, entrants must be aged 18 years and over and be a resident in the UK.
Employees of the Promoter or its associated companies cannot enter the competition.
- 3. The Promoter shall, at its sole discretion, invite thirty (30) bloggers and direct
fifteen (15) of them to write about a positive holiday experience (the 'Holiday
Heaven') and fifteen (15) of them to write about a negative holiday
experience (the 'Holiday Hell').
- 4. To enter the competition which runs from 09:00am on Monday 13th July
2015 to 23:59pm on Monday 10th August 2015, following receipt of their
invitation, entrants must (i) write a blog post about their Holiday Hell or Holiday
Heaven in accordance with their invitations; and (ii) email a link to their blog
to [email protected]
with the words “Holiday Heaven or Hell Blogger Competition” in the subject line.
Internet or Wi-Fi access is required. Any entries made without receiving an invitation
from the Promoter shall be void.
- 5. Entries must be the sole work of the individual submitting them. It is the responsibility
of each entrant to ensure that no element of their entry infringes the copyright
of any third party or any applicable laws and/or regulations.
- 6. No purchase necessary.
- 7. There will be two (2) first place prize winners, two (2) second prize winners,
and two (2) third place prize winners. The first place prize winners will each win
a £250 (two hundred and fifty pounds) John Lewis voucher. The second place prize
winners will each win £100 (one hundred pounds) John Lewis voucher. The third place
prize winners will each win £50 (fifty pounds) John Lewis Vouchers.
- 8. One entry per person. If more than one entry is received only the first entry
will be accepted. Any entry made using false or dishonest information will be disqualified.
- 9. The Promoter will not be liable for entries that are not received, delayed or
which are corrupted for any reason.
- 10. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute any of the prizes with a prize
of equal or greater value in the event that the prizes described above cannot be
provided to the winners. The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative will
- 11. The Promoter’s independent judging panel will select the winners from all correctly
completed and submitted entries on or around Thursday 13th August 2015. When choosing
the winners, the Promoter’s independent judging panel will consider the best written
and entertaining stories, as well as those that most in keeping with the theme of
a Holiday Heaven or Holiday Heaven. The Promoter will notify the prize winners by
telephone or email within seven (7) days of the judge’s panel decision. If any prize
winner cannot be contacted, fails to confirm acceptance of their prize within seven
(7) days of being notified or cannot make use of their prize for any reason, that
prize winner will forfeit their prize and the Promoter reserves the right to select
an alternative prize winner.
- 12. The Promoter will liaise with the winners regarding delivery of their prize.
The Promoter will pay for the delivery of the relevant prizes to be sent via Recorded
Delivery to each winner. The Promoter will not be liable for the acts or omissions
of any postal service or courier or for any failure of delivery.
- 13. The Promoter's decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will
be entered into.
- 14. Details of the winners’ names and locations will be available between Thursday
13th August 2015 and Friday 11th September 2015 by contacting the Promoter via post
at the address detailed below or via email at
- 15. By entering the competition, you agree that if you are chosen as a prize winner
you will allow the Promoter to use your name, photograph, video, voice recording
and general location for publicity, news and promotional purposes in any and all
media during this and any future promotions or advertising without charge.
- 16. By entering into the competition, you acknowledge that any intellectual property
rights (including, without limitation, copyright in text, film and sound recording)
which arise in relation to your involvement with the competition and/or prizes shall
vest absolutely with the Promoter and you hereby agree to immediately assign to
the Promoter any such rights which become vested in you.
- 17. The Promoter shall not be responsible or liable for any expenses incurred by
the winners over and above the prizes offered above and the prize winners participate
in and use their prize at their own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by law,
the Promoter shall not be liable for any claims or actions of any kind whatsoever
for damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection
with the receipt, ownership and/or use of their prize.
- 18. The Promoter reserves the right to change, alter or withdraw the competition
at any time.
- 19. The Promoter will use the information which you provide or which we obtain from
our dealings with you, to administer the competition.
- 20. If any of these terms and conditions are found to be void or unenforceable,
that term shall be deemed to be deleted and the remaining terms and conditions shall
continue in full force and effect.
- 21. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with
the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising is subject to the non-exclusive
jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: Ocean Finance, a trading style of Intelligent Lending
Limited, Think Park, Mosley Road, Trafford Park, Manchester, M17 1FQ.