Ocean Finance “Cardboard Homes” Campaign – Terms & Conditions
- 1. Acceptance of these terms and conditions is a condition of entry and the entry
instructions form part of these terms and conditions. By entering into the competition,
you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right,
at its sole discretion, to exclude you from the competition if you do not comply
with these terms and conditions.
- 2. To enter, entrants must be a resident in the UK and Ireland. Their child participating
in the competition must be aged 3 to 12 years old. Employees of the Promoter or
its associated companies cannot enter the competition.
- 3. The Promoter shall, at its sole discretion, invite thirty (30) pre-selected bloggers
to enter the competition, and if accepted provide each of them with a 900 x 675
x 1280 mm cardboard playhouse (the “Playhouse”). The Promoter shall
arrange for the delivery of the Playhouse to each of the entrants. The Promoter
will not be liable for the acts or omissions of any postal service or courier or
for any failure of delivery.
- 4. To enter the competition, which runs from 09:00am on Monday 7th September
2015 to 23:59 on Monday 5th October 2015, entrants must: (i) receive a
valid invitation from the Promoter to enter the competition; (ii) ask their child
to decorate and colour in the Playhouse to create their “dream home”; (iii) write
a blog about the Playhouse that their children have decorated and coloured in and
include at least two (2) photographs of the decorating and colouring process together
with a short description of each step taken during that process; and (iv) email
a link of their blog to [email protected]
with the words “Cardboard Homes” in the email subject line. Internet
or Wi-Fi access is required.
- 5. The Promoter has the right to refuse any competition entry from any individual
if their entry, blog post, news page, website, and/or any associated social media
account contains material which is offensive (including the use of foul language)
or defamatory, contains nudity or incites and/or promotes violence or hatred or
which discriminates, threatens or infringes the rights of third parties, or which
the Promoter deems in its sole discretion is otherwise unacceptable. Entrants may
not use the competition for the expression of political or religious views.
- 6. No purchase necessary.
- 7. There will be one (1) first place prize winner, one (1) second place prize winner
and one (1) third place prize winner. The first place prize winner will receive
a £100 (one hundred pound) Toys R Us voucher. The second place prize winner will
receive a £50 (fifty pound) Toys R Us voucher. The third place prize winner will
receive a £25 (twenty five pound) Toys R Us voucher. All Toys R Us vouchers will
be subject to their own terms and conditions.
- 8. One entry per household. If more than one entry is received only the first entry
will be accepted. Any entry made using false or dishonest information will be disqualified.
- 9. The Promoter will not be liable for entries that are not received, delayed or
which are corrupted for any reason.
- 10. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute any of the prizes with a prize
of equal or greater value in the event that the prizes described above cannot be
provided to the winners. The prizes are non-transferable and no cash alternative
will be given.
- 11. The Promoter’s independent judging panel will select the winner from all correctly
completed and submitted entries on or around Friday 9th October 2015. The Promoter’s
independent judging panel shall judge entries based on (including but not limited
to) their creativity, looks and effort. The Promoter will notify the prize winners
by telephone or email within seven (7) days of the prize draw. If any prize winner
cannot be contacted, fails to confirm acceptance of their prize within seven (7)
days of being notified or cannot make use of their prize for any reason, that prize
winner will forfeit their prize and the Promoter reserves the right to select an
alternative prize winner.
- 12. The Promoter's independent judging panel’s decision will be final and binding
and no correspondence will be entered into.
- 13. The Promoter will liaise with the winners regarding the delivery of their prizes.
The Promoter will pay for the delivery of the prizes to be sent via Recorded Delivery
to the winners. The Promoter will not be liable for the acts or omissions of any
postal service or courier or for any failure of delivery.
- 14. Details of the winners names and locations will be available between Friday
9th October 2015 and Friday 23rd October 2015 by contacting the Promoter at the
address detailed below or via email at
- 15. By entering the competition, you agree that if you are chosen as a prize winner
you will allow the Promoter to use your name, photograph, video, voice recording
and general location for publicity, news and promotional purposes in any and all
media during this and any future promotions or advertising without charge.
- 16. The Promoter shall not be responsible or liable for any expenses incurred by
the winners over and above the prizes offered above. The prize winners participate
in and use their prizes at their own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by law,
the Promoter shall not be liable for any claims or actions of any kind whatsoever
for damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection
with the receipt, ownership and/or use of their prize.
- 17. The Promoter reserves the right to change, alter or withdraw the competition
at any time.
- 18. The Promoter will use the information which you provide or which we obtain from
and to administer the competition.
- 19. If any of these terms and conditions are found to be void or unenforceable,
that term shall be deemed to be deleted and the remaining terms and conditions shall
continue in full force and effect.
- 20. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with
the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising is subject to the non-exclusive
jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: Ocean Finance, a trading style of Intelligent Lending
Limited, Think Park, Mosley Road, Trafford Park, Manchester, M17 1FQ.