- We compare mortgage deals from leading lenders
- Help from qualified mortgage advisers
- Remortgage deals
- Buy-to-let deals
Let us take the stress out of finding the right mortgage. We compare quotes from a wide range of lenders to help you find the best one for your circumstances. Whether you're looking for your first mortgage, a remortgage or a buy-to-let deal, we can help.
Get a mortgage with Ocean Finance
Finding the right mortgage deal couldn't be simpler. Just let us know what you're looking for in the form at the top of the page, and we'll find the best deal from our panel of lenders.
We compare thousands of deals, regularly updated, to help you find the right one for your needs.
A remortgage can be a great opportunity to reduce your monthly payments or free up cash for other purposes. Even if you haven't finished your existing deal, we could help you save money.
We also do buy-to-let!
If you're a landlord, or thinking about becoming one, check out our range of buy-to-let mortgage deals. We search thousands of deals to find the best one for your needs.
- What type of mortgage should I choose?
- What does LTV % mean?
- Can I remortgage before the end of my current deal?
- Can I get a mortgage with a low deposit?
What type of mortgage should I choose?
There are three main types of mortgage: fixed, tracker and variable.
- Fixed-rate mortgage payments are guaranteed to stay the same for the duration of the deal. So if you choose a 3-year fixed mortgage, you won't have to worry about your payments changing for three years. After that you'll start paying the lender's 'standard variable rate' (SVR) - or you can remortgage to a new deal.
- Tracker mortgages are generally cheaper to begin with than fixed-rate deals, but the interest rate (and your monthly payments) could change. They could go down, but they could also go up, and it's hard to predict when.
- Variable-rate mortgages are like tracker mortgages, but there are more factors that can affect whether the interest rate changes.
Basically, if you want complete security that your monthly payments won't change for a certain period of time, a fixed-rate mortgage is probably best. If you want to pay less and you're willing to risk your payments going up, a tracker or variable-rate mortgage may be better for you.Back to questions
What does LTV % mean?
LTV stands for 'loan-to-value'. It tells you how much of the property's value you are allowed to borrow on a certain mortgage deal.
For example, a mortgage deal with 80% LTV means you could borrow up to 80% of the property's value. You would have to provide the remaining 20% (your deposit).
Need more help understanding how much you can borrow? Call our expert advisers on 0800 056 6730 (mobiles may be cheaper on 0330 440 7116).Back to questions
Can I remortgage before the end of my current deal?
You can, although it may cost you. Lenders often have an 'early repayment charge' for people who end their mortgage deal early. If you're worried about this, you could just borrow more on your new mortgage to cover it (but bear in mind that this will increase your monthly payments).
In general, it's only worth remortgaging early if you know it will reduce the amount you pay each month. If you're not sure, ask one of our expert mortgage advisers to help you.Back to questions
Can I get a mortgage with a low deposit?
We can help you find mortgages with as little as 15% deposit. This can be ideal for people looking to buy their first home, or people whose house value has decreased.
Just remember that the bigger your deposit, the lower your mortgage rate could be. If you can't find an affordable deal, it may be worth saving up a bigger deposit before you look for a new mortgage.
Need more advice on finding a mortgage? Call our friendly advisers on 0800 056 6730. They'll be happy to help.Back to questions